I don’t know about you, but sometimes I miss eating something “crunchy.” So what are good HEALTHY snacks?
- 12 roasted, lightly salted almonds
- 10 mini carrots
- 6 mini carrots
- KALE chips!
What? You’ve never tried Kale chips? I LOVE them, and they are so easy to make! Kale is very inexpensive (usually around $1.00 for a bunch at most grocery stores). Buy a bunch (or two – if you have children, they’ll love them).
- Pull the leaves off the kale stems, wash them, and let them dry very well.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the kale in a large bowl; shake on a little olive oil and some sea salt. (Careful with the salt or you’ll make it too salty)
- Place the kale pieces on a baking sheet that you have sprayed with Pam (or some other baking spray).
- Cook the kale for 12 to 15 minutes. I like mine a little browner and crisper, so I cook for 15 minutes.
- Dry on a paper towel.
- Store in a ziplock bag (if you and your family don’t eat them all first!).